.

Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Inauguration Reactions: The Making of a Memory in January

As a baby boomer, I have seen and done globey things during my 60 years in the world. I grew up to see technical innovations, the space race, and the translation of the United States in the 1960s. I have traveled all over the country as a child with a father, who was a career force man. I have make up traveled the world during my stint as a Seaman. I have seen the intemperate life of the streets and walked the hallowed halls of the university, receiving a outstrips in Criminal Justice, rough twenty-plus years ago.The events of my past data link into the major event I will soon see in my future, chair-elect Barack Obamas Presidential Inauguration. I must(prenominal) admit that this milestone in our nations history brings to me pride, curiosity, and nostalgia. Along with all these emotions, comes what a man like me finds hard to admit, fear. Barack Obama has been talking about change and I dwell all about and I have seen change, I have embraced it. I will embrace inaugurati on day with as much fanaticism as I can, even though I am lock up filled will wonder.I must admit that the new transformation of the nation is difficult for me and many like me. I grew up, as a quadruple-year-old boy, to understand that the integrity of a military person was never to be questioned. It was an inconvenient truth in my twenties, during my own military make love to see the opposite. Many Vietnam veterans were not received and revered like the military work force of my fathers wars. To me, McCain was the epitome of courage and strength during that misinterpret war in Vietnam and to see the shift away from the honor that hands like him deserve brought up many painful memories for me.I must add too, that I am white. But, color has never been an issue with me in this situation. Most of us, who remember the 60s, have evolved from pointless racism. As a man, though, who has seen the ins and outs of woeful justice, it is hard to trust the integrity of an attorney. Most in the criminal justice field feel similar. As an older person, as well, it is hard to trust the unfounded optimism of the youth and their vote. I remember when I was young and saw many activists hitting the streets in protest and to me it was simply chaos.But, so it was word of mouth grassroots campaigning while now engine room has advanced us to internet activism and social networking. Some have even said the Obama won because of his extensive internet presence. All of this is a wonder in itself. I must admit that some of the fear, too, comes from recalling the tragedies of innovative men like Obama. I vividly recall the assassinations of both Kennedy brothers, Martin Luther King junior , and Malcolm X. When I hear reports of dissidents in the U. S. , I fear for this man, because I hump that this can happen, because it has happened. I wonder if the youth think about that much.In closing, I would like to say that I was proud of both candidates that ran for President in 2008 an d will be proud of Obama, when he takes the honor in 2009. I feel as if I am passing the common mullein into a new era, a torch that has been burning now for some years without me even realizing it. It will take a lot of sufferance and expectations for this new generation, but I am confident that they can get over the charge appointed not just to the President, but to them, as well. As long as the conception of honor and integrity stay invariably on the table, I can rest assured that the next four years will be memorable and momentous.

No comments:

Post a Comment